The City of Forest Park has entered into a partnership with Waste Management for the collection and disposal of all municipal solid waste and yard waste debris generated within the corporate city limits of Forest Park. The sanitation division is committed to providing the residents and commercial customers of Forest park reliable, cost effective service, while being responsive to the needs of our customers.
Residential Household Waste Regulations
* Must be at curb before 7:00 a.m. on collection day.
Empty cart must be removed from curb by 7:00 p.m. the same day as pickup.
* Maximum of three additional bags and/or boxes in addition to the city cart.
> If more than three bags please call (404-608-2310) as an additional charge may apply.
* All trash must be bagged or boxed.
> If you miss the truck, your service will continue on your next scheduled day.
> All empty boxes must be broken down and placed at the curb.
> Bulk items (i.e. sofas, chairs, washers, dryers, refrigerators) will be accepted up to five items per week per household, placed curbside no earlier than 12 noon on Tuesday and the items will be picked up on Wednesday. All bulk items require a call to the Public Works Department before 4:00 p.m. on Tuesdays to schedule the pickup. (404-608-2310)
> NOT ACCEPTABLE: Tires, batteries, paints, oils, construction debris, chemicals of any kind, Freon, rocks, sand, gravel, dirt, logs, carpet, hazardous or medical waste.
Garbage must be bagged and stored in an approved receptacle. Each household
may be issued two (2) approved containers which shall remain the property
of the city or its designee. Each household may choose to be issued two (2)
approved receptacles for the collection of refuse or, alternatively, may
choose to be issued one (1) approved receptacle for the collection of
garbage and one (1) approved receptacle for the collection of recycling
Single stream recycling is available. Residents should bag and co-mingle
the following items for collection in the recycle container:
plastic bottles & containers
brown paper bags
For more information on recycling please visit http://recycleoftenrecycleright.com/resources/
Residential Collection Schedule
All residences North of Forest Parkway will be collected as follows:
Trash Collection - Monday
Bulk Collection - Wednesday
Recycle Collection - Thursday
All residences South of Forest Parkway will be collected as follows:
Trash Collection - Tuesday
Bulk Collection - Wednesday
Recycle Collection - Friday
Yard Waste Guidelines
* Limbs must be bundled and tied with rope or string. Bundles may not exceed 30 pounds and cannot be greater than 4 feet long. Limbs cannot exceed 4 inches in diameter.
* Grass clippings and leaves must be in paper recycle bags.
* Weekly limit of (15) fifteen brown recycle bags, bundles or combination of the two.
* Must be at curb before 6:00 a.m. on collection day.
Holidays – No Service
Memorial Day 4th of July Labor Day
Thanksgiving Day Christmas Day New Year’s Day
If your regular scheduled service day falls on or after an observed holiday, your service will be delayed by one day to ensure everyone is serviced. We will run on Saturdays those weeks to accommodate this schedule. For example: only Thursday and Friday customer will be affected for Thanksgiving. Thursday customers will be picked up on Friday and Friday customers will be picked up on Saturday that week.
* The rate for residential service is $206.00 per year and is paid on the yearly property tax bill. The service includes:Â trash and recycle curbside pickup of the furnished 90 gallon containers, once per week organic and bulk item pickup on Wednesdays.
* Multi-family housing is billed on a monthly basis at a rate of $17.17 per unit and includes the same services as the residential household.
If further information is needed, please contact our office.
The City does not collect the following items:
Broken concrete, bricks, or rock
Acid, explosive, flammable, corrosive materials or hazardous materials of any kind
* The City of Forest Park by code handles all commercial waste generated within the city. Except for certain items listed under the residential list of items not collected by the City. All other wastes shall be collected and disposed of by the City or its designated contractor unless such items are beyond our capability, in which case a plan for removal must be submitted to the Director of Public Works for approval in advance of disposal.
* All containers, for health and sanitary reasons shall have closed lids at all times except when loading or unloading.
* The PDF below shows the fees for commercial sanitation services. The minimum fee for small businesses that do not require a large commercial container is $34.00. Commercial businesses are billed on a monthly basis.
* Waste Management will provide the container and Visy Recycling will provide the service. The container will be an 8 yd. FI. Container.
Construction Roll-off Containers
* The City offers a roll-off container service through Waste Management. The roll-off service can be set up by contacting our office at Public Works: 404-608-2310. To obtain a roll-off container a non-refundable minimum payment is required before delivery.
* CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES OR ANYONE LOADING ROOFING, TREES, DIRT, ETC. ADD AN EXTRA $120.00 TO COVER AN ADDITIONAL 3 TONS.
** EACH EXTRA EMPTY AND RETURN REQUIRES AN ADDITIONAL PAYMENT IN ADVANCE AT CITY HALL.
$ 250.00 - (COVERS 1 WEEK RENT, 1 PULL CHARGE, TWO & ONE-HALF TONS)
CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES OR ANYONE DOING ROOFING, DIRT, TREES, ETC. $300.00 - (COVER 1 WEEK RENT, 1 PULL CHARGE, 3 TONS)
|To have a container placed you must first sign an agreement and|
|PAY IN ADVANCE AT CITY HALL|
|745 Forest Parkway|
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT AT 404-608-2310 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.